Coconut Fudge

Coconut Fudge 

What mithai to make on occasion of Narali Poornima. I was having fresh coconut, so thought of making naralachi barfi!
I have made coconut laddoos before with desiccated coconut they taste good but I am somehow skeptical, I can’t eat more than two laddoos so this time I am making Barfis out of freshly scraped coconut! 
I have made this before as well but today’s proportion was super fantastic so saving it here!

Ingredients 
  1. 1cup coconut ( I removed brown part and run in mixie without adding any water, it was super fine like I’ve scraped out of scrapper)
  2. 1/2 cup milk
  3. 1/4 cup sugar 
  4. 1 teaspoon cardamom powder 
  5. 1 teaspoon ghee 
  6. A drop of red food colour 
How to make this recipe
 
  1. In a non stick pan, on medium flame. I added scraped coconut, milk and sugar and cooked this mixture stirring continuously till it thickens into solid paste, once done I added ghee and stirred nicely 
  2. Switched off the flame, added cardamom powder
  3. Divided the mixture to two equal proportions 
  4. I kept one as is and added little red food colour to other
  5. I greased small plate with ghee and added first white layer then the coloured mixture, cut them into small bite size pieces let it set for 3-4 hours on room temperature or you can keep it in fridge too
  6. This recipe yields 9 bite size barfis 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zunka

Pomegranate Parfait

Britannia Marie Biscuits MugCake